Team Collaboration in Hospital Settings Presentation
The purpose of this assignment is to evaluate different aspects of team development and collaboration within a health care environment and to assess how teamwork directly affects patient care and outcomes. Select a specific type of health care facility to evaluate for this assignment. Consider hospitals, clinics, blood banks, birth centers, hospice homes, or other types of health care environments. In a 10-12 slide PowerPoint presentation, not including title and references slides, address the following points: What kinds of health care professionals work at your selected facility? How do their professional roles and scope of practice differ or overlap? What kind of professional teams might your health care facility require? What might these teams be tasked with accomplishing, and which professionals would theoretically participate?
- Describe the group dynamics of an interprofessional team at your selected health care facility and explain how such a team might problem-solve and manage conflict.
- Using at least two examples, explain how strong team communication, productive group dynamics, and effective collaboration positively contribute to quality patient care and better patient outcomes.
- How can your selected health care facility better encourage teamwork among its health care professionals?
- Use two references in addition to your textbook and include speaker notes for each presentation slide.
- Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.