NR 305 Week 5 TD 1 Assessment of the AbdomenDescribe a patient with an abdominal symptom or group of symptoms, such as bloating, flatus, and eructation; constipation; nausea and vomiting; diarrhea; or abdominal pain. Do not limit yourself to these examples. Remember that there are different types and locations of abdominal pain.
- What questions would you ask as part of your focused assessment?
- What history might be associated with the symptom, if any?
- What are the known risk factors for this condition?
- What physical examination techniques would you use?
- What patient education would you give the patient?
- Find a nursing journal article about these symptoms.