Strategic Training of Healthcare Staff
InstructionsEvaluate at least three types of abuse or fraud that may occur during the course of medical coding and billing activities. Determine at least three organizational policies and procedures that monitor such activities and critique the effectiveness of each.
Strategic Training of Healthcare Staff Part 2
InstructionsBased upon the trends of abuse or fraud that you identified in Part 1, develop both a new employee orientation program and an ongoing training program for medical billing and coding employees. Design outlines of each training program and construct the learning activities involved. You should also indicate a leadership approach that you would use in the implementation of the programs.
Strategic Training of Healthcare Staff Part 3
InstructionsDevelop a plan to evaluate the training programs at time of launch and again at periodic times over the next 2 years. Describe the methods used to evaluate the effectiveness of each training program.
Strategic Training of Healthcare Staff Part 4
BackgroundAn information asset is a body of information defined and managed as a standalone, single unit that can be shared and exploited to the organization’s benefit. It is referred to as an asset because it has financial value to the organization. Enterprise-wide information assets that are common to large health care organizations include billing systems, EHR/EMR, master patient index, clinical automation systems, patient portals, personal health records, telemedicine, health information exchange (HIE), clinical applications (lab, pharmacy), etc. The enterprise data warehouse (EDW) is a repository of high-value data from different information assets and corporate systems or applications. The data contained in an EDW can be integrated for many strategic uses across the enterprise. For example, strategic objectives might include activities and initiatives to improve quality, safety, cost, productivity, etc. To complete Part 4, conduct research into the topic of data warehousing in health care organizations and then answer the following:
- List the benefits of an EDW to a health care organization.
- Prepare a strategic objective and explain how it could be facilitated through use of a data warehouse.
- Select two information assets from the list above. Then, through a data warehouse, analyze and demonstrate how data from those two assets could accomplish the identified strategic objective.
- Please complete all parts in a Microsoft Word document.
- The body of your document should be at least 1,500 words in length. A title and reference page should also be included but do not apply to the length requirement.
- Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire paper. Paraphrasing is necessary.
- You must cite and reference at least four credible sources from the Library.
- Formatting should be double-spaced, 12-point, Times New Roman font.
- Be sure to follow the conventions and mechanics of Standard American English (correct grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, etc.).
- The submission should be presented in an organized, logical, and unified manner and consist of superior content that is original and insightful.
- You must meet APA style requirements throughout the submission, including title page, formatting, citations in the body of the text, as well as related references. Please be sure to visit the Writing Center to assist you in conforming to APA style.