UCLA Planned Parenthood Strategic Planning MemorandumDescription
The purpose of this assignment is to identify aspects of organizational design and culture as they relate to market segments and impact strategic planning. Throughout the course, you will develop a business plan for a strategic initiative you select. Choose an existing health care organization (PLANNED PARENTHOOD) that you can use as the basis for your analysis and business plan. When selecting the organization, ensure that it meets the following criteria:
- The organization may be for-profit, non-profit, or community-based.
- Information about the organization, including financial data, should be publicly available to ensure you can complete the required organizational analysis.
- Describe the organizational culture.
- Discuss the implications of the culture on strategic planning.
- Explain the difference between operating activities and strategic initiatives.
- Communicate where the value is in the organization based upon the structure.
- Identify areas of opportunity and explain where process changes would be seen or come from.
- Identify potential barriers to strategic planning and explain actions that could be taken to overcome the barriers.