PSY 1012 Personal Application of Concepts – Homework SolutionOver the past three weeks, you have been exposed to many concepts, theories, and terms related to psychology. Now is the time to make personal application to the concepts. This personal application of concepts learned is one of the things that makes psychology such an interesting area of study. Not all courses of study have such a direct application to our own lives. You will research and write about the following topics (REMEMBER: This paper is about YOU!): “To what extent does your personality influence your academic performance”
- Define Personality.
- Define personality traits.
- How do your personality traits influence your academic performance?
- What approaches could you take to ensure success in your studies?
- Use an APA Approved Font
- Title page in APA 7th edition
- Double-spaced paper
- Minimum of 800 words. No more than 1,300 words
- Minimum of four (4) cited sources from the Keiser Online Library
- Reference page in APA 7th edition
- Use APA format and citations (see below)
- Do not use direct quotes, everything must be written completely in your own words, paraphrasing and citing.
- Has an introduction and a conclusion section
- Always use spell and grammar check
- Make sure you indented the paragraphs
- Balance – Each paragraph should be similar in length
- Review the APA video and resource in Getting Started, APA Videos
- You can use Tutor.com to review your paper and offer suggestions (link is on the left side toolbar, look for tutor.com).
- You can send your paper to the Keiser OWL (Online Writing Lab) for review and to ask for help (instructions are in Getting Started, Online Writing Lab).
- Use Purdue Online Writing Lab, to assist you in references and intext citations: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/
- APA Online – Electronic Resources: http://www.apastyle.org/elecref.html
- The OWL (Online Writing Lab) at Keiser is a great resource! -They will read and help you edit your papers.
- APA Citation Guide: How to cite anything in APA Format – Bib Me http://www.bibme.org/citation-guide/apa/
- Tutor.com to review your paper and offer suggestions (link is on the left side toolbar, look for tutor.com).
- Online Writing Lab at Purdue University: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
|Identified concept with personal application, Introduction & Conclusion, word count posted.||60|
|APA 7th edition in-text citations||10|
|APA 7th edition references list at end of paper||10|
|APA formatted paper||10|
|Spelling/Grammar at college level||10|
- There will be a 20-pt. penalty for writing less than 800 words on this assignment.
- There will be a 10-pt. penalty for each day the assignment is late. It is due Sunday, by midnight, at the end of week 3.
- There will be a 100-pt. penalty for plagiarizing. This means a 0. If in doubt, paraphrase and cite.
Keiser LibraryThe Keiser Online Library, is the best source for peer review and scholarly research. Two Databases that are recommended for this course are Proquest and Ebscohost. Library Link: http://www.keiserlibrary.com/ How to access the Library: How to search effectively in the library: Library vs Google Powerpoint: Library vs Google Powerpoint