ASSESSMENT INSTRUCTIONSImagine your supervisor has asked you to develop a patient education tool for new medication starts in your current area of practice. This tool needs to provide important information to the patient, yet be concise enough to require no more than one page. Discussion Board: Patient Education Tool Discussion – Solution #1
PREPARATIONReview the suggested list of possible topics in Part 1 of the Requirements and then search the Capella library and the Internet for supporting resources. You will need to provide support for the information you choose to include in the patient education tool. Discussion Board: Patient Education Tool Discussion – Solution #1
REQUIREMENTSComplete both Part 1 and Part 2 of this assessment. You may submit both parts in one document or submit them as separate documents. Be sure you complete both parts! Submit a total of 4–5 pages. Write no more than one page for Part 1. Write 2–3 pages, plus a separate reference page, for Part 2. Discussion Board: Patient Education Tool Discussion – Solution #1
Part 1: Patient Education ToolComplete the following:
- Choose one of the following topics as the basis for your patient education tool:
- Antibiotics (Amoxil/Amoxicillin) for pediatric ear infections.
- Statin therapy (Zocor/Simvastatin) for a newly diagnosed patient with hypercholesterolemia.
- Antihypertensive (ACE inhibitors/Lisinopril/Zestril) for a patient who was discovered to have hypertension at a health screening at work.
- Drugs for treating gastric acidity (Proton pump inhibitors/antacids/H2 blockers) for a patient complaining of chronic indigestion and heartburn.
- Ear drops or eye drops (or both) for an elderly patient.
- Any newly released medication for a patient in your area of practice. This might be a new drug for diabetes, hypertension, or arthritis or a new antibiotic.
- Include the following in your patient education tool:
- Explain appropriate use of the medication. Discussion Board: Patient Education Tool Discussion – Solution #1
- Identify specific factors (age, access, culture, and so on) that may affect the efficacy of the medication.
- Describe possible chemical interactions, side effects, or other negative reactions patients need to be aware of.
- Explain correct handling, storage, and disposal of the medication. Discussion Board: Patient Education Tool Discussion – Solution #1
- Include any other information you feel would be beneficial and promote patient safety and quality outcomes.
Part 2: Evidence-Based PracticeProvide evidence for the information you included in the patient education tool: Discussion Board: Patient Education Tool Discussion – Solution #1
- Explain how the information in the patient education tool promotes patient safety and quality outcomes.
- Explain how the patient education tool adheres to the principles and practices of cultural competence. In other words, is the tool appropriate for all cultures, genders, ages, et cetera; or could it be easily adapted for specific needs?
- At least 2 current scholarly or professional resources.
- For Part 2 only:
- Use Times New Roman font, 12 point, double-spaced font.
- Anderson, P., & Townsend, T. (2015). Preventing high-alert medication errors in hospital patients. American Nurse Today, 10(5), 18–23.
- Cadwell, S. M., & McDaniel Hohenhaus, S. (2011). Medication errors and secondary victims. Journal of Emergency Nursing, 37, 562–563.
- Cleary-Holdforth, J., & Leufer, T. (2013). The strategic role of education in the prevention of medication errors in nursing: Part 2. Nurse Education in Practice, 13(3), 217–220.
- Cohen, M. R. (2015). Medication errors. Nursing, 45(3), 72. Discussion Board: Patient Education Tool Discussion – Solution #1
- Leufer, T., & Cleary-Holdforth, J. (2013). Let’s do no harm: Medication errors in nursing: Part 1. Nurse Education in Practice, 13(3), 213–216.
- Sequeira, R. P. (2015). Patient safety in medical education: Medication safety perspectives. Indian Journal of Pharmacology, 47(2), 135–136. Discussion Board: Patient Education Tool Discussion – Solution #1
- The Joint Commission. (2015). 2015 National Patient Safety Goals. Retrieved from http://www.jointcommission.org/standards_informati…
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). (2015). MedWatch: The FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program. Retrieved from http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://ismp.org/ Discussion Board: Patient Education Tool Discussion – Solution #1
- Burchum, J., & Rosenthal, L. (2016). Lehen’s pharmacology for nursing care (9th ed.) St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders.
- Chapters 6, 7, 8, and 109.
WITH THE HELP OF OUR CERTIFIED NURSING ASSIGNMENT WRITERS, YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO RECEIVE A+ GRADE ON YOUR PROJECTS.We are widely acknowledged as the most qualified providers of nursing assignment help. Our team of professionals, which includes researchers, professional writers, editors, and quality analysts, is largely responsible for the excellent reputation that we have earned over the years. Our team of professionals never fails to create solutions of the highest possible quality and always meets delivery requirements. Our nursing assignment help specialists have years of clinical expertise and advanced degrees, allowing them to deliver answers that are easy to understand.
ORDER CUSTOM ESSAYS AT HELPINNURSINGESSAYS.COMIn addition to this, the help of our specialists is made accessible at prices that are reasonable, making it possible for any student to make use of our expertise when it is most urgently required. Because our payment policy does not include any hidden charges, you do not need to be concerned about the additional fees that may be incurred. Transparency may be found in all of our policies, including those pertaining to payments, refunds, and others. We never withhold any information from our customers, and our primary goal is to ensure that they are pleased with both the quality of their assignments and the costs that we charge. Aside from this, we have a superb reputation for delivering orders quickly. Because we never miss a deadline, our customers have given us an average rating of 4.9 stars, which is the highest possible score. The review area allows students to see what other people’s experiences with our service have been like. To this point, our subject matter specialists in Nursing have assisted students with their nursing homework by working on nursing research papers, nursing case studies, nursing dissertations, and a lot more. Do you require any additional justification to make use of our nursing assignment help? Get the greatest nursing assignment help from professionals in the field, and you will be able to achieve success in your academic endeavors.
Need Nursing Assignment Help?Welcome to helpinnursingessays.com. We are a reliable online assignment help offering professional help and providing quality services at affordable rates. We have experience in handling different areas within the nursing field and have helped many students achieve academic excellence.
Why choose us
Professional and Skilled Assignment Writers
- In-depth Research
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Affordable Paper Writing Services
- Original Papers
- On-time Delivery
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Reliable Payment Methods
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Easy communication
- Chat bot button on our website Study
- WhatsApp call
- WhatsApp message
- Phone call