Assignment: NURS 6541 Week 1 Discussion, Journal EntryAssignment: NURS 6541 Week 1 Discussion, Journal Entry
NURS 6541 Week 1 DiscussionNURS 6541 Week 1 Note: Throughout this course, the term parent will be used to represent a pediatric patient’s caregiver, which may include a parent, stepparent, foster parent, guardian, and so on. To prepare:
- •Review this week’s RESOURCES , as well as “Child and Family Health Assessment,” “Cultural Perspectives for Pediatric Primary Care,” and “Developmental Management in Pediatric Primary Care” in the Burns et al. text.
- •Consider how a provider’s personal definition of family and family roles might impact the assessment of a child and the child’s family.
- •Reflect on how the culture of the provider and/or the patient may further influence the assessment.
- •Think about three strategies that a provider can use to assist families with making health-related decisions for children at different stages of growth and development. Consider how these strategies might change when assessing patients at different stages of growth and development and with different family backgrounds
NURS 6541 Week 1 REFERENCESBurns, C. E., Dunn, A. M., Brady, M. A., Starr, N. B., & Blosser, C. G. (2013). Pediatric primary care (5th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier. ◦ Chapter 2, “Child and Family Health Assessment” (pp. 10–31) Chapter 3, “Cultural Perspectives for Pediatric Primary Care” (pp. 32–41) U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2012). Healthy people 2020 topics and objectives. Retrieved from http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020/default.aspx Hagan, J. F., Jr., Shaw, J. S., Duncan, P. M. (Eds.). (2008). Bright futures: Guidelines for health supervision of infants, children, and adolescents (3rd ed.). Elk Grove Village, IL: American Academy of Pediatrics. ◦“Promoting Family Support” (pp. 13–37)
NURS 6541 Week 1 JOURNAL ENTRYPrepare: Prepare this as a personal Journal and give personal experience example too
- •Explain what most excites and/or concerns you about pediatric clinical experiences. Include a description of your strengths and weaknesses in terms of working with children and how these strengths and weaknesses might impact your Practicum experience.
- •Select and explain a nursing theory to guide your practice with pediatric patients
- •Based on your strengths, weaknesses, and theory of nursing practice, develop goals and objectives for the Practicum experience in this course. Be sure to consider the NAPNAP Position Statement on Age Parameters for Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Practice
NURS 6541 Week 1 Assignment RESOURCESNational Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners. (2008). NAPNAP position statement on age parameters for pediatric nurse practitioner practice. Journal of Pediatric Health Care, 22(3), e1–e2. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2012). Healthy people 2020 tics and objectives. Retrieved from http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020/default.aspx Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. (2012). Guidelines and recommendations. Retrieved from http://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/clinicians-providers/guidelines-recommendations/index.html
NURS 6541 Week 2 Assignment Practicum: Journal Entry: write 1 page journal on :Reflect on a patient who presented with a growth and development or psychosocial issue during your Practicum experience as a student nurse practitioner. Describe your experience in assessing and managing the patient and his or her family. Include details of your “aha” moment in identifying the patient’s growth and development or psychosocial issue. Then, explain how the experience connected your classroom studies to the real-world clinical setting.
Use relevant and less than 5 years referencesReadings • Burns, C. E., Dunn, A. M., Brady, M. A., Starr, N. B., & Blosser, C. G. (2013). Pediatric primary care (5th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier. ◦ Chapter 5, “Developmental Management of Infants” (pp. 59–75) ◦ Chapter 6, “Developmental Management of Toddlers and Preschoolers” (pp. 76–91) American Academy of Pediatrics. (2015). Immunization. Retrieved from http://www2.aap.org/immunization/ •Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2015). Vaccines & immunizations. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/
WITH THE HELP OF OUR CERTIFIED NURSING ASSIGNMENT WRITERS, YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO RECEIVE A+ GRADE ON YOUR PROJECTS.We are widely acknowledged as the most qualified providers of nursing assignment help. Our team of professionals, which includes researchers, professional writers, editors, and quality analysts, is largely responsible for the excellent reputation that we have earned over the years. Our team of professionals never fails to create solutions of the highest possible quality and always meets delivery requirements. Our nursing assignment help specialists have years of clinical expertise and advanced degrees, allowing them to deliver answers that are easy to understand.
ORDER CUSTOM ESSAYS AT HELPINNURSINGESSAYS.COMIn addition to this, the help of our specialists is made accessible at prices that are reasonable, making it possible for any student to make use of our expertise when it is most urgently required. Because our payment policy does not include any hidden charges, you do not need to be concerned about the additional fees that may be incurred. Transparency may be found in all of our policies, including those pertaining to payments, refunds, and others. We never withhold any information from our customers, and our primary goal is to ensure that they are pleased with both the quality of their assignments and the costs that we charge. Aside from this, we have a superb reputation for delivering orders quickly. Because we never miss a deadline, our customers have given us an average rating of 4.9 stars, which is the highest possible score. The review area allows students to see what other people’s experiences with our service have been like.
To this point, our subject matter specialists in Nursing have assisted students with their nursing homework by working on nursing research papers, nursing case studies, nursing dissertations, and a lot more. Do you require any additional justification to make use of our nursing assignment help? Get the greatest nursing assignment help from professionals in the field, and you will be able to achieve success in your academic endeavors.
Need Nursing Assignment Help?Welcome to helpinnursingessays.com. We are a reliable online assignment help offering professional help and providing quality services at affordable rates. We have experience in handling different areas within the nursing field and have helped many students achieve academic excellence.
Why choose us
Professional and Skilled Assignment Writers
- In-depth Research
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Affordable Paper Writing Services
- Original Papers
- On-time Delivery
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Reliable Payment Methods
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Easy communication
- Chat bot button on our website Study
- WhatsApp call
- WhatsApp message
- Phone call