Assignment: Recent Scrutiny of the Methods of Healthcare Pricing – Assignment Solution
PART1 In recent years, healthcare pricing has come under much scrutiny. Calls for price transparency have been made, loudly and clearly. Discounting prices to some recipients or payers occur, but how and why does this happen? Patients with insurance typically pay an insurance-negotiated discounted rate, while patients without insurance can be asked to pay the full amount that is charged by the provider or facility. Recent Scrutiny of the Methods of Healthcare Pricing Why can’t you simply look on each provider’s website to see the exact cost of your office visit, or your x-ray? With the many methods of cost-setting available to us as healthcare managers, we see how there is a high degree of variability in the amount charged per service from person to person, and state to state. In moving towards either voluntary or state-mandated transparency in healthcare pricing, we consider the following Case assignment questions. Methods of Healthcare Pricing.
Case AssignmentFOR THIS ASSIGNMENT MY CURRENT STATE IS COLORADO PLEASE After completing the required background readings, please complete the following questions:
- Describe the recent scrutiny of the methods of healthcare pricing. Is this scrutiny justified, or unjustified?
- What can healthcare managers do to be best prepared for increasing future calls for transparency (either voluntary, or state-mandated)?
- How have state transparency laws affected healthcare pricing in your home state, or state of current residency? Can you locate the exact costs of healthcare services you or your family may need in the near future?
- How is cost-shifting implemented within the healthcare settings? Do you believe this ethical?
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your presentation.
- Provide 6-8 quality powerpoint slides of bulleted-point information content (with speaker’s notes), not including title page and reference slides. Don’t forget to use in-text citations.
- Support your presentation with peer-reviewed articles and reliable sources. Use at least two peer-reviewed sources. Recent Scrutiny of the Methods of Healthcare Pricing
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Easy communication