Medication Card List Project Worksheet
Use the Epocrates App (free app, also accessible online) or the online Prescriber’s Digital Reference. Epocrates Online When using Epocrates, Select Adult Dosing for dosing information, Pharmacology for Drug Actions, Adverse Reactions for side effects, Drug Interactions and Safety/Monitoring for Considerations. Some drugs are used for multiple conditions, if this is the case, select the top 3 conditions (the first 3). Prescribers’ Digital Reference PDR presents their information all on one page, but requires you to read the entire page to gather the data. **You MUST USE have 2 medications per topic from the list for all categories The Drug Cards must contain the following information.
- Class of Drug
- 2 Examples of the drug within the class
- How the drug works
- Patient Education
- The top 3-4 listed side effects
- Are there Black Box warnings?
Nervous System InstructionsLog into Epocrates and located the Diseases tab.
- Scroll to then select Neurology
- Select Alzheimer disease, looking in the treatment section, locate the first treatment and one adjunct management (there should be multiple). You may have to click the More Information to see this info. You can choose to Expand All or just the select choices. You will provide details about 1 treatment and 1 adjunct treatment.
- Go back to Drugs section and select the Neurologic. and select two medications under each of the following subclasses:
- Dystonias/Parkinson Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis