Fawcett and Garitys Definitions
Fawcett and Garity p 3-20 (2009) present an overview of the relationship between theory, knowledge, research, nursing research, and evidence-based practice. As you prepare for this Discussion, reflect on your own specialty area and consider how the authors’ definitions of evidence-based practice and of research align with your understanding of these concepts based on your professional experiences and your experiences as a doctoral student embarking on your EBP Assignment.
To prepare: Fawcett and Garitys Definitions
8510 DNP Project: Scholarly Product for Dissemination Assignment Solution
- Reflect on Fawcett and Garity’s definitions of knowledge, theory, research and evidence-based practice presented in the Learning Resources. How do these definitions align with your understanding of the concepts?
- How does this interrelationship support or guide your EBP Assignment?
Post a cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
- How do Fawcett and Garity’s definitions align with your understanding of knowledge, theory, research and evidence-based practice? Support your response with evidence from the literature.
- Discuss the interrelationship between theory, knowledge, research and evidence-based practice.
- How does this interrelationship support or guide your EBP Assignment? the assignment is depression